End of Life Statement
Global Technology Associates is announcing end of life for
GB-1000 Firewall Appliance. Sales of GB-1000 Firewall Appliance were discontinued
as of July 30, 2003. The GB-1000 Firewall Appliance will be supported in GNAT Box System Software version 3.4.x until June 30, 2005.
| Last sales date
|| June 30, 2003
| Last date of sale for support contracts and/or extended warranty
|| June 30, 2004
| Last date of sale for subscription options
|| June 30, 2004
| Last date of sale for non-subscription options
|| March 30, 2005
| Last supported software version
|| GNAT Box System Software ver 3.4.x
|Last date product supported
Part Numbers Covered by this EOL Announcement
| Product Number
|| GB-1000 Firewall Appliance
| GB-1000 Gigabit Expansion Option – Fiber
|| GB-1000 Token Ring Expansion Option
|| GB-1000 4 Port Expansion
|| GB-1000 Ethernet Fiber Expansion Option
||GB-1000 Ethernet 10/100 Expansion Option
||GB-1000 Gigabit Expansion Option - Copper
||GB-1000 Single Version Upgrade (All Markets)
||GB-1000 Annual Maintenance (International)
||GB-1000 Standard Support (US & Canada only)
||GB-1000 Premium Support (US & Canada only)
||GB-1000 Premium Plus Support (US & Canada only)
||GB-1000 Premium 24/7 Support (US & Canada only)
||GB-1000 Extended Warranty (US & Canada only)
Current GB-1000 Users
System administrators are advised that GB-1000 Firewall Appliances will not be supported in GNAT Box System Software version higher than version 3.4.x. GB-1000 Firewall Appliances should not be updated to GNAT Box System Software versions higher than version 3.4.x, but should be maintained on version 3.4.x or earlier.
customers with a valid support contract GTA will continue
to offer technical support through the end of the contract period.
will offer a retrofit program for owners of GB-1000 Firewall Appliances
who wish to update their
GB-1000 units to accept GNAT Box System Software versions beyond 3.4.x. Details
of the retrofit program are available at www.gta.com.
Discontinuance of GB-1000 FAQ
- Why has GTA decided to discontinue supporting the GB-1000 in future
versions of GNAT Box System Software?
- Several planned enhancements to GTA's GNAT Box System Software
take advantage of hardware and other technological advances which
are not incorporated into the GB-1000. Therefore,
it is no longer viable for GTA to continue to support the GB-1000
in future version of our GNAT Box System Software.
- Will GTA be offering products comparable to the GB-1000?
- Yes, GTA has introduced the GB-1200 and GB-1500 Firewall/VPN appliances. These appliances are in the same class as the GB-1000, however they offer enhanced features and performance.
- Will the GB-1000 continue to operate after the announced end of support date?
- Yes, a GB-1000 running GNAT Box System Software version 3.4.x or earlier will continue to operate as always. Customers who wish to continue operating their GB-1000 should not update beyond version 3.4.x, as these software versions will not recognize the GB-1000.
- How does this announcement affect customers with GB-1000 support contracts?
- GTA will honor valid GB-1000 support contracts through the term of the contract. However, customers who operate GB-1000 Firewall Appliances should not upgrade their systems beyond ver 3.4.
- Are there any avenues for technical support for GB-1000 owners after June 30, 2005?
- GTA will continue to provide support for the GB-1000 through one-time support incidents. Support information may be available from a wide variety of resources including GTA’s website, and the GNAT Box User’s Group are two examples. Localized support from GTA’s channel partners may also be available.
- Will GTA be offering a refund for the updates included in GB-1000 support contracts?
- No refunds will be issued.
- What migration path is GTA offering to GB-1000 customers?
- GTA will announce a retrofit program for current GB-1000 customers. Details are available at www.gta.com.