End of Life Statement
Product: RoBoX Firewall Appliance
Global Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is announcing end of life for
RoBoX Firewall Appliance. Sales of RoBoX Firewall Appliance were discontinued
as of July 30, 2003. The RoBoX Firewall Appliance will
be supported in GNAT Box System Software version 3.4.x until June 30, 2005.
| Last date to order
|| June 30, 2003
| Last date to order support contracts and/or extended warranty
|| June 30, 2004
| Last date to order subscription-based options
|| June 30, 2004
|Last date to order non-subscription options
||March 30, 2005
| Last supported software version
|| GNAT Box System Software ver 3.4.x
| Last date product supported
|| June 30, 2005
Part Numbers Covered by this EOL Announcement
| Product Number
||RoBoX Model GB-10, US Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-25, US Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-10, EU Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-25, EU Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-10, UK Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-25, UK Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-10, Japanese Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-25, Japanese Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-10, Australian Power Supply
||RoBoX Model GB-25, Australian Power Supply
||RoBoX Single Version Upgrade (All markets)
||RoBoX 10 User to 25 User License Upgrade
||RoBoX 25 User to 50 User License Upgrade
||RoBoX VPN Option w/ Single Mobile VPN Client
||RoBoX Annual Maintenance (International)
||RoBoX Standard Support (US & Canada only)
||RoBoX Premium Support (US & Canada only)
||RoBoX Premium Plus Support (US & Canada only)
||RoBoX Premium 24/7 Support (US & Canada only)
||RoBoX Extended Warranty (US & Canada only)
Current RoBoX Users
System administrators are advised that RoBoX Firewall Appliances will not be supported in GNAT Box System Software versions higher than version 3.4.x. RoBoX Firewall Appliances should not be updated to GNAT Box System Software version higher than version 3.4.x, but should be maintained on version 3.4.x or earlier.
For customers with RoBoX Firewall Appliances that are covered by a valid support contract, GTA will continue to offer technical support through the end of the support contract period.
Discontinuance of RoBoX FAQ
- Why has GTA decided to discontinue supporting the RoBoX in future
versions of GNAT Box System Software.
- Several planned enhancements to GTA's GNAT Box System Software
take advantage of hardware and other technological advances which
are not incorporated into the RoBoX. Therefore, it is no longer viable for GTA to continue to support the RoBoX
in future versions of our GNAT Box System Software.
- Will GTA be offering products comparable to the RoBoX?
- Yes, GTA has introduced the GB-200, GB-500 and GB-750 firewall/VPN appliances designed for remote office or branch office implementations.
- Will the RoBoX continue to operate after the announced end of support date?
- Yes, a RoBoX running GNAT Box System Software version 3.4 or earlier will continue to operate. Customers who wish to continue operating their RoBoX should not update beyond version 3.4.x, as these software versions will not recognize the RoBoX.
- How does this announcement affect customers with RoBoX support contracts?
- GTA will honor valid RoBoX support contracts through the term of the contract. However, customers who operate RoBoX Firewall Appliances should not upgrade their systems beyond ver 3.4.x.
- Are there any avenues for technical support for RoBoX owners after June 30, 2005?
- GTA will continue to provide support for the RoBoX through one-time support incidents. Support information may be available from a wide variety of resources including GTA’s website, and the GNAT Box User’s Group are two examples. Localized support from GTA’s channel partners may also be available.